Do you know the difference between a serigraph and an etching? A dot matrix and a lithograph? Many collectors begin building an art collection with prints, but the details of how that print is made remains a mystery. Join us as we reveal the process behind some of the prints in your collection.
This year’s brunch brings us to Open Press, an amazing studio dedicated to the creation of hand-crafted fine art prints. Artists Mark Lunning and Brian Comber will give CultureHaus members an exclusive demonstration of a printmaking process, and then brunch will take place at nearby Punch Bowl Social, with delicious food, drinks, and fun activities! Prints will also be for sale by Mark, Brian, and other artists who use the studio.
Your ticket includes a full brunch and one drink ticket for a Mimosa or Bloody Mary at Punch Bowl Social, as well as cocktails and light pastries at Open Press.
Open Press is an active and busy printmaking studio, so due to the limited space, there will be two demonstrations. Please select your start time when you purchase your ticket:
Option 1: 10:00am Begin at Open Press and end at Punch Bowl Social (approximate end time 1:00pm)
Option 2: 11:00am Begin at Punch Bowl Social and end at Open Press (approximate end time 2:00pm)
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Location: Open Press, 40 W. Bayaud Avenue, Denver, CO 80223 (map) AND Punch Bowl Social, 65 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203 (map)
- Time: 10:00am-2:00pm (an exact schedule will be sent to each guest the week prior to the event)
- Cost: $35 for CultureHaus members, $45 for non-members
- 10:00am: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1660
- 11:00am: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1662
Each has a 30 people cap.