Please join CultureHaus for an exclusive evening explaining Shade: Clyfford Still/Mark Bradford. Members and guests will enjoy an introduction to the exhibition from curator Rebecca Hart highlighting Bradford’s exploration of abstraction’s power to address social and political concerns.
As an African American painter, Bradford has long been fascinated by Still’s extensive use of black as a signature component of his work. Shade explores both artists’ unique relationships to black in their paintings, whether it’s used to force viewers out of their comfort zones, evoke emotions, or confront conventional notions of race.
The event is free for CultureHaus members and one guest. We’ll have time at the beginning of the event to mingle and enjoy complimentary Odell beer, with other selections available at the cash-only bar. Space is limited, so be sure to RSVP. We look forward to seeing you!
- Date: Wednesday April 26, 2017
- Location: Denver Art Museum, Hamilton Building, Level 1 (map)
- Time: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm: Cocktails from 6:00–6:45 pm, remarks begin at 6:30 pm.
- Cost: Free for Members and a Guest
- RSVP: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1650