Out & About 2017, inspired by Star Wars™ and the Power of Costume and the Art of the Force, is bringing all things science–including science fiction.
We begin our journey at The Historic Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Company Headquarters Building… where art and science intertwine in “Colorado’s Bell System Palace.”
We’ve all walked by but perhaps never noticed this Gothic Revival building from 1929–an art nouveau masterpiece of Colorado-sourced materials complete with murals depicting the history of communication by Colorado Western American artist, Allen Tupper True. They don’t make them like this anymore!
Join us for an exclusive one and a half hour tour hosted by the Telecommunications History Group in cooperation with CenturyLink. This event is strictly limited to 25 attendees. Members only, plus a guest. Must RSVP with full names by 2/14/17 to attend tour.
- Date: Monday, February 20, 2017
- Location: The Historic Mountain States Telephone & Telegraph Company Headquarters Building (map)
- Time: 6:00–7:30pm Tour; 7:30-9:00pm Drinks & Appetizers following at nearby Crave Denver
- Cost: Free for CultureHaus members and guest
- RSVP: RSVP with full name of member and guest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/14/17