Women of Abstract Expressionism has garnered national attention and celebrates the often unknown female artists of this mid-twentieth-century art movement. More than 50 major paintings will be on view by artists working on the East and West Coasts during the 1940s and 50s including Elaine de Kooning, Lee Krasner, and Joan Mitchell. This will be the first presentation of works by these female artists together at one time.
Please join CultureHaus for an exclusive tour with Gwen Chanzit, curator of modern art and curator of this exhibition. This unique event is free to CultureHaus members plus one guest. Complimentary Odell beer will be provided with a cash-only bar in addition.
- Date: Thursday, June 16th
- Location: Denver Art Museum, 4th Floor, Hamilton Building (map)
- Time: 6:00–8:00 pm: Cocktails from 6:00–6:45 pm, Exhibition tour begins at 6:45 pm.
- Cost: Free for CultureHaus members plus a guest.
- Tickets: Reserve tickets online:https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1493