Last year Collects brought you helpful hints on what to buy and how to look at art. This year we’ll demystify the process of collecting art at auction.
Join us for a crash course in buying and selling at auction with Maron Hindman of Leslie Hindman Auctioneers, one of the leading fine art auction houses in the country. Over brunch!
For the inexperienced, participating in an auction may seem overwhelming or just totally unknown. Our expert auction house guests will teach you how to get your feet wet collecting and share behind-the-scenes tales of sales from around the country. You’ll also hear insider stories about how the DAM has grown its own collection at auction for the upcoming exhibition Shock Wave. Plus, we’ll be putting on an affordable live auction at the event so you can take what you’ve learned and try your hand at buying while actually adding to your own collection.
- 10:30 am
- Mix and mingle while enjoying a complimentary bloody mary bar and mimosas for purchase (cash only).
- 11:00 am
- Brunch buffet from Palettes, all served with assorted pastries, scones, and muffins as well as fresh juice and coffee.
- 11:30 am
- Program begins with “The Art of Buying and Selling at Auction” with Maron Hindman of Leslie Hindman Auctioneers
- Learn about how the DAM has made recent purchases at auction for the upcoming exhibition Shock Wave.
- Mini Practice Auction
- Date: Saturday, May 14th
- Location: Denver Art Museum, North Building, Schlessman Hall (map)
- Time: 10:30am–12:30pm
- Cost: $35 for CultureHaus members, $45 for non-members (includes full brunch and complimentary bloody marys)
- Tickets: Purchase tickets online: https://tickets.denverartmuseum.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=1477